Welcome to Live Oak Baptist Church. Our mission is to guide people of all backgrounds into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Welcome Home…We are Together Again… Starting May 17
Starting this Friday, the Governor has authorized “stage one” for reentry into businesses and churches. For us, that means we can have 25% of the Fire Marshal capacity in the building. We will, for the first several weeks, do worship only and we will have three services. We will limit the seating in the sanctuary to 75 people or less per worship time. We will have an overflow room in the fellowship hall with a 65-person max capacity. We will live stream the service to that room. We will also still be Live Streaming the services at 10:30am on Facebook and YouTube. We will continue to monitor the situation. When we feel comfortable, we will add a modified bible study time twice on Sunday mornings. This will probably be several weeks from now. Again, we will limit those by “social distancing protocol” on how many in each study.
When we come back initially there will be steps taken to help protect you. All the doors going into the sanctuary will be blocked open. We will disinfect doorways and bathrooms between services (if you would like to help with the disinfecting please notify the church office). The sanctuary has been cleaned and disinfected. To reduce contact, we will not take the offering traditionally. We will have buckets for you to drop your tithe/offering in. If you want to come and wear a mask and gloves that is great. The first several weeks there will be no nursery/childcare/children’s church. So, feel free to bring them in worship. They will not be a distraction, I’m so ready for people I could speak in the middle of a circus ring haha!
In the trenches fighting for you!
Bro. Johnny and the Staff
What will church look like when we come back initially?
• We will do worship services at 8:00am, 9:15am & 10:30am (we would encourage those at higher risk who choose to attend to come to the 8:00am service)
• Worship Services will be limited to 75 people. We will have rows blocked off.
• We will have an overflow set-up in the Fellowship Hall with the service Live Streamed to it. (We will have a minister present in there)
• All the entry/exits going into the sanctuary will be blocked open.
• We will disinfect doorways and bathrooms between services.
• We will have the bathroom doors so you can push/pull open with your toe.
• We will have three buckets for the Offering, Guest Cards and Commitment Cards for you to drop them in on entry/exit. • The first several weeks there will be no nursery/childcare/children’s church.
• We will not do Sunday School for the first several weeks.
•We will not have worship bulletins.
• We will have hand sanitizer (hopefully handsfree) stations by all the entry/exits.
• We want to encourage the 6’-0” social distancing. So, we are asking to please not congregate together when you are enter/exiting. We will have all the entry/exits open. • We will continue to stream online to Facebook and YouTube at 10:30am.
• We are asking families to sit together and leave three chairs between you and another family.
• Mask are optional while on campus.